PDA

View Full Version : Tough evening for hybrids

agelesssone
05-29-2015, 08:49 AM
Went to JPP Thursday evening looking for bait and hybrids.
Started out in Vivrette and Suggs creek, looking for "flips" from shad.
Very few and far between. Caught 5 in about an hour, called it quits on that.
Motored out to 7 Points where there was three boats fishing for hybrids, decided to troll umbrella rigs. Tried that from 7 Points over to Party cove point and back with no hits.
Pulled lines and put out 6 planer boards with shiners and bluegills plus 2 back rods, baited likewise.
Saw one boat that was basically drifting around in one place, downlining, hook up with a double. Coupla schoolies 2-3 lbs.
Trolled 7 Points area til 8:30 and caught one 3 lb'er.
Marked fish all over, just couldn't get the bites. My "fish predictor" said the fishing would be best in the morning and dwindle down to nothing in the evening.....seemed to be true.

XxthejuicexX
05-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Jimmy and I went yesterday evening and had about the same luck. I did not catch a fish and he only caught one. Do the Hybrids just roam this time of year following bait?

agelesssone
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
I saw yakkers off of seven points channel last night. Was that you guys?
The fish were there, just not in a feeding mood. No surface activity at all.
They will be around that same area for awhile now. They'll hang above the thermocline the rest of the summer.
And, yes, they will follow the bait which is why you have to scout for them or fish almost daily to keep track of where they are

XxthejuicexX
05-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the heads up merv. We did not fish priest last night, hit my stretch of river up for the green fish, I was surprised we did so poorly. This time of year the only luck I have with Hybrids is under the lights and that's usually by accident while crappie fishing.

Headhunter
05-29-2015, 09:58 AM
One guy I know is hammering the hybirds on live bait. Not sure where but I believe close to Hobson Pike bridge. I am done with hybrids til next year.

eksfish
05-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Tough this morning, also. Tried Downlining and planer board shad. Marked a lot of fish, but nothing doing. Caught a couple nice bass.

Gone fishing
05-30-2015, 05:14 PM
I found a decent hybrid bite last night. Caught 8-9 biggest probably went 6lb and a couple largemouth as well. I fished for about 4 hours. Seems like the big fish are a lot harder to come by this year? My biggest one this year is 13.4 sure would like to get into some more like that...