PDA

View Full Version : OH 5/22-5/23 and Caney 5/24

michaliv
05-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Recently moved to middle tn from Knoxville. Finally got a chance to get out this weekend. I am currently stuck bank fishing. I fished Friday late evening at Lock 4 park which is the closest place to my house. Caught a few bluegill off a TM, then tried for some catfish using cut bait. No luck on cats, but did catch a decent walleye off a rooster tail just after sundown.

Saturday afternoon went below OH dam for a few hours while family was swimming. Fished for skipjack and stripers. Only had 1 hook up on a bucktail but didn't stay hooked.

Sunday went to the Caney. Started at I-40 rest area at around 7:30am. Caught 1 rainbow and a small brown on black and white rooster tail. Went up to the dam at around 10. Caught 5 rainbow all in one spot off chartreuse rooster tail and power eggs. Went to Betty's Island at around 1. Had 2 swing on a rooster tail and miss. At around 3:30 went back up to the dam and caught 2 more rainbow off power eggs. Called it a day when they turned the generator on at 5. All rainbow caught were between 9"-12".

OH dam is pretty much on my way home, so sure I will be stopping by there several times to get some more striper fishing in. Any other good bank striper fishing around? I live in Portland, but work in Nashville.

Next time I get to the Caney, I think I will try Stonewall Bridge and maybe the pull offs on Kirby Road. Would like to get into some bigger trout. Any place better than the other for finding bigger fish on the Caney?

lupanfreitag
05-26-2015, 01:13 PM
I lived at the dam for the last few years. Send me an private message.
I'll let you know what I figured out.