PDA

View Full Version : Caney, Dale and Hick

lupanfreitag
05-22-2015, 06:55 AM
Sounds like three brothers.... and in a way it is.

05/17 Caney Fork River
Caught around 30 fish. Two big rainbows looked spawned out with hook jaws and beat up.
Caught some nice browns too maybe 18 the biggest. Cloudy and some wind but overall a good morning.

Afternoon- Portland Lake
Caught quite a few crappie before hell storm rolled in. We thought we could wait it out. When we looked down the lake and the trees looked a like a heard of T-Rexes are coming through followed by a wall of water, we decided to call it a day.... after sitting the rocking truck for 45 minutes. While we were there a fellow in a kayak was bass fishing and snagged a grass carp in the tail, probably over 30 lbs. He kept screaming- Ultra light! Ultra light!
The best part was the was it lunged out of the water like a sperm whale fleeing a harpoon ship! About ten times! I could not stop laughing.

05/18 Dale Hollow
Water was 72.
In spite of a dead cell in cranking battery (thank god for the marina had batteries for sale), ended up catching around 18 fish. Some really nice fish, mostly on tubes and jigs... three on topwater which is always a bonus at Dale. Fishing 14 hours so was not on fire. Good thing was we only saw two other boats all day and we we raced all over creation. Also the sunrise was magnificent. Almost brought tears to a fishing man's eyes.

Below Old Hickory Dam
The dam was dead zone. Water was 63. 2+ generators.
We traveled down to past Old Hickory bridge and ended up catch 16 Spots.
Good times and very aggressive.

Overall a fabulous three days of fishing. Caney and Dale never fail to inspire awe. My friend, the only one in the pictures, fell in love with float and fly rods fishing. We are going to Canada in two weeks. I told him, let's take them! Then realized when you are catching walleyes every cast you don't want to spend 15 minutes fighting each fish!

Good fishing to you all.

commdd
05-22-2015, 07:05 AM
Great!

Alphahawk
05-22-2015, 07:11 AM
Quite a trip there.....great looking fish! Congrats! Some used to call me "The Traveling Fisherman"....but I think you have me beat...LOL.

Regards

IdahoBoy
05-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Those are some fat rainbows, reminds me of my homeland of Montana and Idaho.... sigh....

That sunrise was amazing, reminds me of hunting in Alberta, Canada...

Have a fun trip!

MNfisher
05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Sweet bows!

Mike