PDA

View Full Version : Jug fishing JPP North End

Fishmanjoe
05-21-2015, 01:34 PM
In the past I have had a lot of success jug fishing the south end with foam noodles in coves off of the channel using minnows, cut bait, or live shad.

Now using Nashville Boat Club boats and have to stay between dam and hobson pk bridge.

Have not caught one in 2 tries this year. Anybody have any good advice for catching cats on that side of the lake? Other thing is you have to be in before dark.

culprit7.5
05-22-2015, 07:13 AM
For what it's worth, I have seen and caught several cats in the last week or so while fishing shallow for bass. I think you could do well around chunk rock and relatively shallow but that may be a little difficult with jugs. If you buy a map of JPP and try the mouth of Suggs Creek on the right of the red buoy and maybe the areas around Bear Island and Hole in the Wall island, you may do ok. There is good rock and you will be near deeper water. Look back through some of the previous posts as some of these guys here like using shrimp and apparently Kool-Aid may be involved...Get something stinky and get in there and get after em. Good luck.

Fishmanjoe
05-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the info. You catfish guys, do turtles take the shrimp?

I don't use chicken because I end up with too many turtles. I have found that if I stick with minnows, shad or cut bait, I have significantly fewer turtles.

XxthejuicexX
05-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Yes, Turtles love the shrimp. I am with Culprit. Find a nice shallower rocky bank off the channel.