PDA

View Full Version : Where are the walleye and sauger?

Fish'n what bites
05-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Seen TWRA stocking reports of walleye and sauger in OH and Cheatham. My question is where do you find them there because I have never encountered them. Any areas that would look favorable for them I've had no luck. Also does anyone have any tips for walleye at Center Hill. Planning on taking my first trip there Thurday.

bfish
05-19-2015, 09:09 PM
scattered and suspended 12-18 ft deep.

TroutFiend
05-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Are you fishing CHL or Caney Fork below the Dam?

Fish'n what bites
05-19-2015, 09:28 PM
CHL. I'm not familiar with patterns here. I'm used to smaller lakes with a more steady terrain in middle and east Ohio to catch them. Nothing like the large deep lakes here. It just seems pretty hard to figure them out in these larger deeper reservoirs.

Travis C.
05-19-2015, 09:45 PM
The old locks in the main river channel are good places to start looking. They hold baitfish in turn attract the other. Also hit the channel drops in the mouths of feeder creeks. Dont spend alot of time fishin one spot more time ridin around and on sonar til you find them. Key is bait.

They are there i have caught both in the last 6 months. My personal best sauger was almost 21" long and big round as a football.

Travis C.
05-19-2015, 09:54 PM
CHL will not fish the same as OH or Cheatham. Different environments all together. CHL will fish like a highland reservoir similiar to Dale, Douglas and etc. The fish will act similiar in all they dont know what body of water they are in. Google walleye fishing in highland reservoirs then seasonal movements in those and you have just narrowed the lake way down for a starting point.

olegibber
05-21-2015, 12:43 PM
These were caught very recently below Old Hickory Dam. Ive always trolled very large crankbaits from the dam to a mile below.

ttitan27
05-21-2015, 01:03 PM
These were caught very recently below Old Hickory Dam. Ive always trolled very large crankbaits from the dam to a mile below.

Liar liar britches on fire

XxthejuicexX
05-21-2015, 01:04 PM

Don't Lie, you caught those On Priest!

Fish'n what bites
05-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Heading to CHL tomorrow morning. Launching out of Hurricane Bridge Rec area. Will let you all know how we do.