PDA

View Full Version : Priest yesterday, still don't get it

Headhunter
05-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Was pulling out at boat ramp, towards dam, older asian, laotian was fishing. I asked the guy with me if that was a crappie he put in his bucket. He didn't see it. Pulled my boat out and went over to look in his bucket. He had 5 largemouth bass, none over 12", and 4 crappie, none over 8" and several tiny bluegill. I politely let him know the bass and crappie were not legal. Luckily he had water in the bucket so he was able to let them go. Funny thing was he threw the bass back without a question but argued about the crappie and pulled a tape out of his tackle box to measure them. He said they are 10" but they were all 8" and under. Game warden was called to check when he is in the area.

ttitan27
05-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Hopefully they get him. Good job and thanks to you.

SAMBOLIE
05-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Was pulling out at boat ramp, towards dam, older asian, laotian was fishing. I asked the guy with me if that was a crappie he put in his bucket. He didn't see it. Pulled my boat out and went over to look in his bucket. He had 5 largemouth bass, none over 12", and 4 crappie, none over 8" and several tiny bluegill. I politely let him know the bass and crappie were not legal. Luckily he had water in the bucket so he was able to let them go. Funny thing was he threw the bass back without a question but argued about the crappie and pulled a tape out of his tackle box to measure them. He said they are 10" but they were all 8" and under. Game warden was called to check when he is in the area.

I bet he used Merv's tape measure if they showed 10" and were only 8".

Heiny57
05-19-2015, 06:18 PM
Thanks for reporting violations.

agelesssone
05-20-2015, 11:42 PM
Huh uh, mines only doctored to be 1/2 inch short!