PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland River

Tmdilbeck
05-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Just got off the Cumberland near Clees Ferry. We fished for about 2.5 hrs and landed 8 short bass. Most of the fish came off a rattletrap fished along bluff walls. Halfway through the trip, I switched to to the opposite side of the river to try the mud bank and a few lay downs. We missed two or three and landed one short bass on a small deep diving crankbait fished in laydowns.

We had a really good day with consistent action. I just can't figure out where all the keepers are.

wormdunker
05-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the report, I live near there and try to fish it often. I think it's like anywhere, some days are really good, and some not so much, but seems like you can always count on some short fish to save the day. I think the bigger ones like heavier generation, seems like anyways. Cheers

Tmdilbeck
05-15-2015, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the tip, wormdunker. I live near Clees as well so am out there pretty often. Swing by and say hey if you see me. I'm in an old grey HydraSport.

wormdunker
05-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Will do. If you see me, do the same. I'm in a old Ranger, red and silver. I get lucky and catch some bass over there sometimes, and have found some catfish, but I have got to figure out where the crappie hang out in the river, haven't had much success with them.