PDA

View Full Version : Shell cracker city!

Alphahawk
05-12-2015, 06:00 PM
My buddy had the Skeeter in the water when I arrived at 8:00 a.m. I got aboard and he didn't let me out until 3:30 p.m. The big Gills were noticeably absent....but find a hole in the milfoil and catch all the shell cracker you want. Most were caught on a Bison Trout Magnet using SOS 2# test line. A few were caught on a Midnight Blue Slab Magnet. I quit using the Slab Magnet as I was tired of 2-3 pound large mouth hitting it.....I know...not a bad problem to have. But when 10-11 inch shell cracker are around who wants large mouth....LOL. When we could find bare bottom.....meaning no grass.....the shell crackers were stacked. Why the big Gills were not biting I haven't a clue. So I started counting just shell crackers after I had already probably caught about a dozen. My count when I got out of the boat was 100! I don't know how many my friend caught but it was a bunch. A great day of drag pulling fun! Caught some 7-8 inch Gills but not many....but their colors were great. Life is good!

Regards

XxthejuicexX
05-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a great day, what lake does shell cracker city reside in?

wormdunker
05-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Boy, a couple of those almost look like they could be "Crappiecrackers" I have not been fortunate enough to catch many shellcrackers, but the ones I have caught have looked more like they were in the sunfish family. Those look almost like a cross between a crappie and a shellcracker. Anyway, congrats on a nice day of fishing. I had to work all day, but I was fishing in my fantasies whilst working. Sure was a pretty day.

Travis C.
05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Sounds fishing has blown up lately.

Great looking fish Alpha.

tsuggs
05-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Those are sum nice crackers! great report and pics alpha

chaseasl
05-13-2015, 09:01 AM
You should change your name to panfish killer

ttitan27
05-13-2015, 09:19 AM