PDA

View Full Version : Duck River Trout

Fishbus
05-12-2015, 01:30 PM
The good news on the trout hatcheries funding compels me to share a few photos of our trip down the Duck River last Saturday.

I think that's my PB rainbow, and the kept fish represent maybe a quarter of all fish landed.

Ethan (my son in the pic) and I used trout magnets exclusively and my friend Colby threw some small spinners as well.

Cruiser traffic has picked up, but the groups we shared the water with were relatively well behaved. Weather and waterflow were perfect.

Billy

Travis C.
05-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Nice outing Billy and good mess of fish.

I wish the Elk and the Duck weren't so dang far away from me.

SAMBOLIE
05-12-2015, 02:56 PM
That had to be a blast.

Personal Best Rainbow gives new meaning to PBR.

Alphahawk
05-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Normandy is on fire now. Great looking fish Billy. I waded it a little in the wind yesterday.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
05-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Normandy is on fire now. Great looking fish Billy. I waded it a little in the wind yesterday.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it trout are still doing well below the dam?

Alphahawk
05-12-2015, 08:20 PM
I take it trout are still doing well below the dam?

They are doing very well juice. I waded it yesterday in the wind and had a tough day...fished it under the float...not my favorite way....but still managed about 4 dozen trout. If I still owned a kayak and was able I would be floating it as much as I could the next few weeks. Lot of fatties there this year.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
05-12-2015, 08:33 PM
They are doing very well juice. I waded it yesterday in the wind and had a tough day...fished it under the float...not my favorite way....but still managed about 4 dozen trout. If I still owned a kayak and was able I would be floating it as much as I could the next few weeks. Lot of fatties there this year.

Regards

Float the whole thing or stay around the dam?

Alphahawk
05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Float the whole thing or stay around the dam?

I would do the same float as Billy did....from dam to Dement Bridge. Lots of nice fish on that float.

Regards