PDA

View Full Version : TVA to fund trout stocking in tailwaters/three years

tcintn
05-11-2015, 09:15 PM
http://www.chattanoogan.com/2015/5/11/300156/TVA-Partners-To-Fund-Trout-Stocking.aspx

Alphahawk
05-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Good news!

Regards

Travis C.
05-12-2015, 08:23 AM
That is great news for TVA run Dams but what about the Corps run dams? Are they still going to chip in their portion over that time frame or will there just be a trickle down through Dale's Hatchery to the Corps tailwaters?

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.... :)

Heiny57
05-12-2015, 12:14 PM
They could save money if they sold the trout for bait.

Fishbus
05-12-2015, 01:15 PM
From the linked story:

"TVA will provide base funding for the trout stock; FWS will fund infrastructure and maintenance costs of the hatcheries, and the state agencies will fund their costs to distribute and monitor the fish."

I read that as TVA/FWS paying for operational cost of the hatcheries and state agencies continuing with their normal stocking patterns. Though I admit the story is not entirely clear.

Billy

That is great news for TVA run Dams but what about the Corps run dams? Are they still going to chip in their portion over that time frame or will there just be a trickle down through Dale's Hatchery to the Corps tailwaters?

Travis C.
05-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Though I admit the story is not entirely clear.

Billy

I read it a few times and this is very true. I sure hope things continue as is on the Caney but the article itself sure speaks heavy on east TN/North Ga waters.

It just concerns me in an article referring to a good thing for hatchery funding then goes to the trouble of naming name's of places to benefit the arguably top 1, 2 or 3 (depending or who you ask) tailwater in the state isn't named to benefit.

Hope that means there is no worry.

I am probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. So take what I say with a grain of salt because for us trout fishermen this is a very good thing.