PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

smr913
05-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone,

Just moved back to the Nashville area this past year after spending the last 10 years in Knoxville (school then stayed and worked there a few years.) I grew up in the Brentwood area fishing the Little Harpeth and surrounding areas as much as possible. Now living in Bellevue I want to get back to my roots and spend as much time fishing and teaching my 4 year old daughter to fish as possible. Been hitting the Harpeth the past couple weeks, but not catching too much other than some small Redeyes.

I'd like to get to know this water better and meet some fellow enthusiasts as well. I have a Tarpon 120 down on the Elk but thinking of bringing it up to take advantage of the H while the weather is good. If anyone is interested in meeting up some evening at the 100 access and doing some wading let me know!

Stephen

jad2t
05-11-2015, 04:25 PM
That 100 access area is a lot of really shallow water and it's also constantly bombarded by party floaters. I doubt you'll catch more than small redeyes and assorted small panfish around there.

I don't know that much about the Harpeth but I do know it's not necessarily a place where you'll catch trophies but there are some respectable Smallies as well as Largemouth and Spotted bass in there but you'll have to get into some deeper water. When you get your kayak the Narrows stretch is an excellent float for fishing. I've never fished it but I have some friends who have done very well there.

smr913
05-13-2015, 09:32 AM
I have floated the Narrows a couple of times while on break from college, but it has been a number of years. Haven't been having much luck at the 100 put in other than the Redeyes. Still beats sitting on the couch watching TV and its so convenient having it close to my house.