PDA

View Full Version : Did ya'll see this on the news this morning?

Tennoutdrsman
05-08-2015, 07:48 PM
http://wkrn.com/2015/05/07/hundreds-sign-petition-to-ban-fishing-in-hendersonville-pond/

I go to Church with this lady..She even wanted to sell us a house as being our realtor..Now THAT would have been a fun but UGLY scene when she told me what she had Ideas of doing to keep fishermen out of the .."Pond",lol..:rolleyes:

TNBronzeback
05-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Yeah i saw that. I mean, i understand the concern for the fowl, errant wads of line left on the bank can become hazardous to them but i think banning fishing might be a bit much.
Ive seen this kind of thing all over the place. People take thier kids to feed the ducks and geese, which is fine and all, its fun and cute. gets the kids outside and around nature and all, but its kind of a catch 22 with the fishable water there.
Just a bad case of irresponsible people trashing the park and then wildlife suffers.

Tennoutdrsman
05-08-2015, 08:13 PM
and really the Turtle break more legs,drown more ducklings,than folks fishing line..They killed two of our swans in the pond years ago..Mean suckers.

jaycee
05-08-2015, 08:34 PM
I am always amazed how trashy bank fishermen can be and most often are.

Tennoutdrsman
05-08-2015, 08:42 PM
I remember one time stopping on the bridge to see how the fishing was as there was about 8 people fishing gallatin rd bridge(it had flooded and I guess cats were biting)..Man the next morning,there was nasty diapers and junk all around the place..:mad:

Alphahawk
05-08-2015, 09:27 PM
This is one of my favorite sports to fish at Pickwick. But I can't get close to it. There is a 20 foot deep....or more.....debris field of trash extending from the bank out. Now it has blown there because of a south wind.....but the trash shouldn't be there to be blown anyway. Lot of great fishing under that mess but unless a strong north wind blows it back out I won't get to fish it this spring. A little hard to see in the pic but it is a mess.

Regards

tacklemake
05-08-2015, 09:41 PM
What I love is when they leave trash on the ground and the trash can is five feet away.............woody

master_cat
05-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Those ducks need to be thinned out

Tennoutdrsman
05-09-2015, 05:28 AM
She was out there getting folks to sign it at the movie in the park last night..think it has a chance??:confused:

Heiny57
05-09-2015, 06:29 AM
There shouldn't be that many ducks and Geese.

Wait,,,,,,, dissolving fishing line. Brilant

Pookie
05-09-2015, 08:22 AM
She was out there getting folks to sign it at the movie in the park last night..think it has a chance??:confused:

Not a shot in the world. It's just more bs from the left.

jaystaler88
05-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Amazing, right around this time of years the indigenous blue plastic tub starts to sprout on river banks and lake shores in middle Tennessee. This species prefers habitat near public boat ramps, but especially prefers the dark area under Hobson Pike Bridge, and underneath Army Corp of Engineers Dams

XxthejuicexX
05-11-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm with you guys on bank fisherman. I feel like it's mandatory to leave garbage on the bank if you fish from it, kinda like marking your territory. Last time I fished out of the yak Jimmy and I got out to see if we could put in at another stretch of the river and there was trash laying around the ground and a fire pit with half burnt trash in it. Carry a bag and throw your Sh*t in it, not that hard...... I no longer have access to one of my favorite spots because of nasty bank fisherman.

jad2t
05-11-2015, 09:50 AM
I'm just over here like, "I bet that lake is a hell of a duck hunting spot"

Seriously just to see the look on that liberal's face when he or she asked me to sign that petition I'd suggest they just have a short duck hunting season on that lake and that would solve the problem of ducks being hurt by fishing hooks.

Halli
05-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Was in Washington state in 1991 and out in the country every other house had a sign that read we support lumber something in that nature.

Was driving down a hwy and there was a Spotted Owl Nailed to a Telephone pole haha.