PDA

View Full Version : COMPLETE RESULTS KBFTN Sycamore Creek Tuesday May 5th

Reel Tune
05-04-2015, 12:32 PM
On Tuesday May 5th we will be having our next tournament.
Sycamore Creek Recreation Area
Chapmansboro Road Ashland City, TN 37015 36.302300, -87.127021

Register 4:30-5:15
Launch at 5:15
Check In 8:15pm
These events are geared more toward meeting new people with similar interests, and introducing paddlers to fishing and fishermen and women to paddling. If you don't want in on the competition side you do not have to pay anything.
Entry $20, $5 optional big fish (PLEASE BRING EXACT CASH)
Please bring a white light that is visible from 360 degree as it may get dark the before check-in
We will do a two fish limit, 12” minimum length identifier must be in the photo. The fish must be facing left, dorsal fin upward, and mouth closed. The bottom lip must be touching the zeroed mark. Lengths will be measured to the nearest 1/4” and must break the mark. This is a paddle craft event only, no electric, or gas propelled watercraft.

We will have added prizes from E&B Custom Baits, and Bad Boy Jigs
Also monies from the entry will go toward Heroes on the Water

This season we will continue the 21″ Challenge.
One time Entry $20

You may be wondering what the 21″ challenge is. We want to reward a true trophy fish. Before an event you will pay the $20 entry and this $20 entry will cover you until the prized 21″ or larger black bass is caught. The 21″ Challenge will run until the 21″ fish is caught and then start back up again with new entry fee. After each 21″ Challenge is won, it will start again at the next event. The 21″ Challenge will only be available at regularly scheduled events of KBFTN. You will only be entered in the 21″ Challenge only after you pay the $20 entry, and this must be done before the event begins.
The fish must be displayed on a Hawg Trough with the identifier clearly in the photo, all tournament rules will be enforced while judging this fish.
If two people come in with 21″ or greater black bass, then the larger of the two or more fish will be awarded the prize money.
The 21″ Challenge is a 100% payout, so all monies put in for entry will be paid out.

jaystaler88
05-04-2015, 02:34 PM
I was fishing sycamore creek the other day and had a tough time. Any tips for back there? Seemed like one side of the creek was extremely shallow, while the other was extremely deep, lots of soft mud bottoms. Tried to work the boat docks but only managed a couple fish. Thoughts?

tylerreid1234
05-04-2015, 06:24 PM
I will be there. Hope to meet some of you.

Reel Tune
05-05-2015, 08:18 AM
I've only fished it 3 times ever, an that was last year. From what I've heard shallow crankbaits, and spinnerbaits have been productive. I'm going to throw frogs also. I'm not sure if I want to head way up in the creek or fish the river.

Reel Tune
05-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Attached are the complete results
Last night we had 28 anglers show up, and one lady just wanted to fish with us, so 27 were in the prize pool. The weather was great, but the fishing was tough. Some people had been pre-fishing for weeks and during pre-fishing put together some good 2 fish bags of 35-36”, this didn’t happen this evening.
1st Shae McCord
2nd Ron Champion
3rd Derrick Bostic
4th Chris Odom
(Big Bass) Logan Ardry 20.75”

I started off paddling to the main river while others focused on the creek and went deeper into the creek. I caught nothing on the main river so found a small creek with current and started working spinnerbaits, crankbaits, and a popping frog. I picked up 3 short fish in the creek, and kept chugging along. I also tied on a Case Fluke, and different crank Spro Lil John. I picked up 2 more short fish on the Spro, and finally one that would measure on the Case Fluke. I kept fishing hard and nothing else. I was almost 2 miles from check in with 20 minutes until check-in and knew I had to book it. This was the first trip in my new A.T.A.K and I dug in with the paddle and kept a good pace and made it in with a few minutes to spare.
Out of the 27 anglers we paid out $594 in cash, $100 in Hook1, 6 Bad Boy Jigs, and 6 Custom Painted E&B Crankbaits. There were 16 fish turned in.

tylerreid1234
05-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Had a great time, wish I wouldn't have gone up the creek though. Haha I'll be at the next one for sure.

Reel Tune
05-07-2015, 07:13 AM
It was tough fishing no matter where you went Tyler. I went out to the main river to some gravel flats and cranked like no other and struggled to get one fish that measured. I have 3 total, but the other two were no more than 6" long. It's a great group of guys that's for sure. Several hung around until after 10pm, because we didn't want to go home, but it sure make that 5am alarm rough. I didn't get to bed until around 1am, due to the 50 minute drive home, eating dinner, cleaning up, and compiling spreadsheets.