PDA

View Full Version : Woods for crappie

hotwielen65
05-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Headed south to Woods yesterday to see if we could get on some crappie. Didn't want to deal with the traffic on OH and JJP, as stated in a previous post to many rude fishermen especially on JJP. We put in around 10:30 and went to the upper end of the lake, I followed the creek channel and marked quite a few fish, we put our jigs out and trolled the first run keeping the boat in 14 to 16 fow on the edge of the channel, water temp all day was in the upper 60's. First run at it we caught a couple yellow bellies. At the end of the run there were a couple guys tight lining minnow rigs, Saturday they had their limits by 2:00, Sunday at 11:30 they had a couple, someone turned the switch off. On our run back we kept the boat in 18 to 20 fow and caught 4 keepers, we were running .8 mph average. we turned around and did the same catching a couple more short fish. We used 1/8 pink jigs with electric chicken being the Hot Grub of choice. We motored around the lake to see more and headed home. Saw maybe 10 - 15 boats and all were friendly, traffic was like nothing compared to my home lakes, would have liked to catch more but all in all it was a great day to be on the water, "I will be back"

Happy fishing!
Ray

Halli
05-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Thanks Good Report and glad you had low traffic.