PDA

View Full Version : JPP 05-03 Rant/Report

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Before i get to my post, i would like to say that at some point during the winter, i must have contracted something, or caught something cause the last 2 trips to priest, i have become an @sshole magnet. It didnt matter where i was fishing, what i was doing, several somebodies where right up my rear end. and im talking CLOSE. Im sorry i pulled up to your precious bass community point 30 minutes before you did, but thats how it goes (not forgetting the fact that im sure 3-4 boats already raped it before even i got there). stuff your lame, bush league, mid-life crisis, i hate my home life, KVD wanna-be tournaments right up your rears! same rude idiots throwing the same tired out crap, to same places time after time after time, sun up to sun down....like a train one right after the next. My boat is about $1k fully decked out, just cause your bass boat is worth more than my house, that doesnt give you the right to edge your way in based off the fact your in a tournament and you have "money on the line". im gonna have to either booze it up or toke it up on the water to help cope with people this summer! LOL. like others have posted, its a mess out there already.
That was my seasonal rant! we are all allowed 1 per year! lol
So i went back to the mid/upper end yesterday and finally found some crappies. Only took home 5, but caught around 20 shorts. so that makes up for my big swing and miss on saturday. most were right around the 10'-11' mark close to brush, but not in it. Also, a first for me, i got a nice little smallie from the mid/upper end of the lake. Ive never caught one past the bridge. I always got mine around the bridge and beyond to the lower section, so that was a nice bonus fish. I set the hook and he was like a bullet coming out of the water! Plenty of largemouths as the day went on. Popped a couple of big, hump head bluegills too. the 6'-11' was just loaded with 'gills, the screen was covered up several times. i would think by the end of the week the crappies should really start looking into their summer patterns with the rapidly rising water temps. Everything i got yesterday came on the Slab Magnet in the pearl color with the black flakes.
So aside from the things that i have no control over yet still insist on complaining about, it was a good weekend!

Reel Tune
05-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Looks like this is going to be an exciting season. Looks like we may need riot gear to get on our favorite waters soon. Good luck out there guys, and be safe.

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Its going to happen, we all know it is, its not like any of us are blind to the fact that its a busy, popular lake to fish and boat, but geeze!
yesterday morning for example...black and white bass boat comes flying by, i pull a small largemouth over the side, like 10" small...ofcourse Mr. Swivel Head yanks back on the throttle and cuts a u-turn about 75 yards...big motor running cruises up and around my side, i know what he is doing but i ignore it, within 20 yards he kills it and coasts up within casting distance, i turn and shoot the stare....he says, "oh, your not Ricky", i said, is your friend Ricky a fat guy with a flat bottom boat? he said no he isnt....fires his large motor right there and makes a sad attempt at a fast get-a-way !?!?!?!?...you lazy moron! you fly by looking where other people are fishing, see somebody pull a small fish, and you pull some BS of, oh, i thought you were my buddy ricky!!!!!!! You dont know what your "friend" fishes out of, or what he even looks like? LOL
good grief! If ya dont laugh ya cry or go crazy!
i seriously couldnt make this up if i tried.

XxthejuicexX
05-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I feel bad for you guys. I very rarely have anyone bother me while fishing. I did had a few jackass high schoolers a couple weeks ago try to get a rise out of me. I don't get yelling at random people and generally making an ass out of your self to get a stranger upset.

MNfisher
05-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Besides all the ranting...how big were the gills??? Lol

Mike

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 11:09 AM
i dont either unless its a safety thing, i will usually shoot a stare and hold my position/course, or just roll out if the fish aint cooperating. the pleasure boaters like we all know have a tendency to not pay attention, or have no clue what a wake is, in those cases, if you pass close enough to me where your wake is still white capping over when it hits my boat, thats entirely too close, i took a little water over the bow yesterday. no big danger, but its a head shaking moment.
But if i have young people or less water-savvy people with me, then the company dictates the reaction. whether the boater understands or not, im not gonna just let you fly by at a dangerous distance and ignore it. waste of time and breath on my part of course, chasing folks down and beating them is apparently frowned upon.
It is what it is, nobody is gonna change. If thats where i choose to fish, thats what im gonna have to deal with. Sucks but thats a choice i make. LOL

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Besides all the ranting...how big were the gills??? Lol

Mike

I had 3 that went 8"-8 1/4". thick across the back too. the rest were the run of the mill 6-7". i would say a TM would clean up at the right time.

GO-OKFISHIN
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
That's why I stick to the rivers and creeks.

Halli
05-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Yeah I have almost thought about not carrying so that rage never goes over the top. Nah scratch that thought haha :rolleyes:

Alphahawk
05-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Congrats on your catch.

Regards

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Congrats on your catch.

Regards
Thanks Alpha! plenty of good size gills.....willing to hit the bigger Slab Magnet. Im sure your U.L. setup would have cleaned house! lol

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Yeah I have almost thought about not carrying so that rage never goes over the top. Nah scratch that thought haha :rolleyes:
I do as well, but more so for after hours boat ramp/parking lot shady characters. Lol

Alphahawk
05-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Thanks Alpha! plenty of good size gills.....willing to hit the bigger Slab Magnet. Im sure your U.L. setup would have cleaned house! lol

Man I need a Gill fix. Fished Center Hill today and caught a 19 and an 15 inch Smallie....but not a single Gill. I covered a lot of water today but couldn't find any at all....maybe next week they will be active up there. Going to make the drive to Pickwick tomorrow to try to find them. An 8 inch Gill will give one all the fight you want on 2# test. Hitting Slab Magnets..dang!

Regards

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Man I need a Gill fix. Fished Center Hill today and caught a 19 and an 15 inch Smallie....but not a single Gill. I covered a lot of water today but couldn't find any at all....maybe next week they will be active up there. Going to make the drive to Pickwick tomorrow to try to find them. An 8 inch Gill will give one all the fight you want on 2# test. Hitting Slab Magnets..dang!
Yeah they were all oved it. Usually with a little bigger bait ya feel the tick tick tick....not yesterday....it was one hard smack and they were on it! i havent targeted gills since the great lakes....i may try em again this year! lol

Regards

volandsmalliefan
05-04-2015, 09:03 PM
And this is why i bought a yak. Most of the time i go all day without seeing a soul. Sold my boat and gave up on the big water a long time ago.

TNBronzeback
05-04-2015, 09:12 PM
well its like i said, it happens every year and i knew it was just a matter of time. Kinda like sticker shock......ya know its gonna be expensive before ya get to the store, but ya still feel a little better complaining about it before ya buy it. Lol.
Im gonna try more night fishing this year to help offset my weekend time on the water.
its hard to just fish a different area....this spot always produces my biggest crappies mid day oddly enough. Slow early morning bite but picks up as temp rises.

Headhunter
05-06-2015, 07:28 AM
absolutley no offense to anyone but I am blessed in that I get to fish more that most, by a longshot. Almost always I leave when I see an issue coming. I did have an issue recently, at about 4 am. I am probably only boat on lake. I could see a boat launch and and someone had put in about 3:45. they came straight to where I was, stopped their big motor where I was casting to and trolled up to about 20 feet from my boat fisihing all around me. You could say we had words. Pitch dark, have not a seen or heard a boat since midnight and he is going to pull up next to me? he finally told me he about tired of hearing me, not a big deal, he found out I was just getting started. I don't mind people fishing same spot but people need to stay at least out of casting distance, especially at night. I fished right next to a guy wading the other morning, very nice, we talked, caught fish and never had an issue.