PDA

View Full Version : So sick of pleasure boaters at JPP!

Fish'n what bites
05-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Apparently some people think JPP stands for Jack@ss Party Place because they don't care about anyone else and do it at a high rate of speed. We had started to troll a straight line from the rock wall south of Seven Point rec area to Racoon Island. Half way there we noticed a boat rounding the point and heading straight towards us. It became quickly apparent that for whatever reason they did not see us even though we had our top up which is at least 7+ feet above water level and we're lined up straight at us nose to nose. My wife began waving hands and yelling, I got the air horn and let it rip to which the driver looks forward and whips around us without slowing down about with only moments to spare.

It became obvious why this happened. Improper trim on the motor making the bow ride high and the other thing was the that the only person in the boat facing forward was the woman in the back who had no line of sight. The two guys were sideways in there seats facing each other as they passed us without slowing down.

I'm so sick of stupid people on the water. If I had not had an air horn no telling what would have happened. As far as the fishing we caught 3 keeper crappie, 2 small ones, and a white bass. It was a tough day fishing and that was without the idiot who almost hit us.