PDA

View Full Version : Info. Dale hollow red ear

jaycee
04-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Full moon Sunday. What will red ear/shell crackers be doing at the D hollow? Will find out Monday weather permitting. They usually turn on there before other lakes for some reason.

Alphahawk
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Shell cracker are bedding at VFW Lake. I hope you get the timing right for Dale Hollow. I have hit it once in the several times I have tried. I know Doug Markham always shoots for 30 May....but you never know when it will happen. Looking forward to your report when you get back. Hope to see some 12-14 inch fish! Best of luck...

Regards

fishfindergeneral
04-30-2015, 08:06 AM
I think the water is still a bit cold for this early full moon. Larry Shell, owner of Willow Grove went last week and said it wasn't on yet. It might be that full moon in the beginning of June. Good luck though..

fishfindergeneral
05-03-2015, 08:08 PM
How did you guys make out?

jaycee
05-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Going to try tomorrow, Monday am.
I always miss by being too late. Thought I would start earlier. I did get in on tail end of a bite late in May a couple years ago. Wife caught a TARP shell cracker and small mouth. 35 really good ones. I got the bug bad.

jaycee
05-04-2015, 08:22 PM
We came, we sought, oh well...
3 crackers, 4 bg a nice am an an almost lm😢. Must be a little early. Well we tried. One day.