PDA

View Full Version : Strugglin

tsuggs
04-28-2015, 01:42 PM
My brother and I took out the yaks fri evenin and sat til noon and boy was it slow.Fished spots around jeeferson sprngs and east fork and only managed 5 crappie,coupla whites.Searched channel ledges with cover then moved to adjacent shallows.Crappie fishn can be extremely humbling at times!:mad:

Reel Tune
04-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Better luck next time. I usually catch crappie on cranks when I least expect it.

Alphahawk
04-29-2015, 09:01 AM
It has been tough everywhere. Now that is not to say some folks are not catching fish. I had 3 limits of crappie out of Center Hill two weeks back.....but then the rains and cold front came in. Last week got into the Smallies at Pickwick......but went there for Gills. Couldn't catch a single bluegill. Fished every spot I knew on 4 lakes yesterday and only caught 4 fish. To add insult to injury found a bed of shell cracker yesterday that had 20 big fish on it. But it was their first day to bed....and there is period for a few days were those things won't hit anything....even in their bed. I drug several baits across their back didn't even spook them into moving. So yes it is tough. Hoping this weekend opens things up.

Regards

tsuggs
04-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Cool,thnks alpha.Thought I wasnt holdn my tongue right!:p

Chrisberry93
04-30-2015, 11:05 AM
I was out paddling old hickory yesterday evening for over two hours....didn't get one bite haha so I'm right there with you!