PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland River Paddlefest May 2nd

Reel Tune
04-27-2015, 08:34 AM
We will be having the Cumberland River Paddlefest this Saturday from 9am to 3pm at 133 Sanders Ferry Road Hendersonville, TN 37075

This is a FREE event for everyone. There will be fishing, and paddling seminars, there will be hundreds of kayaks and paddleboards to demo. There will be hundreds of vendors from Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and more.

Kayak and Stand Up Paddleboard Basic Instruction and Demos
Fishing with kids Clinic
Basic Kayak Fishing Clinic
Kayak Fishing Safety Clinic
Kayaking Clinic
Stand Up Paddleboard Clinic
Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Clinic
Paddling Safety
Watch Rescue Demo
Paddling Gear Clinic
Whitewater Strokes Clinic
Live Music

Buy, sale trade paddling, and fishing gear

Kid friendly, Pet friendly

Reel Tune
04-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Kayak Bass Fishhing TN "KBFTN" will have a booth with tournament information, and will have representatives onsite to talk about any kind of fishing, or anything in general.

Craig Dye will be talking about Kayak Fishing Basics
Sarah Meier will be talking about On the Water Safety
Geoff Luckett will be talking about Fishing with Kids
Bridgett Howard and Joey Monteleone will be talking about targeting and how to catch big bass

This is a free event, where you will be able to test paddle hundreds of different kayaks and paddleboards.

This is also the official grand opening of the Hook1 store.

There will be many drawings and giveaways.

Travis C.
04-29-2015, 10:29 AM
What about parking there Jeremy if there is a big turnout?

Reel Tune
04-29-2015, 11:01 AM
We're expecting 1000+

We will have 10-15 mounted police directing traffic, and there is a large field across from the Paddlefest that can be used for parking.

We have 4 food vendors also.

Reel Tune
05-01-2015, 10:18 AM
This will also be the celebration of the grand opening of the new Hook1 store.
10-20% off kayaks and gear.

snowman
05-01-2015, 11:22 AM
I'll be there!

Reel Tune
05-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Come by the KBFTN booth, we'll be right next to the Hook1 booth. I'll be the bearded guy. My new boat just came in today so we'll be hanging out rigging it.

snowman
05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
I'll be looking for ya!

Reel Tune
05-04-2015, 09:52 AM
It was nice to meet you snowman, thanks for coming out.

Travis C.
05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
How was the turnout Jeremy?

I really wanted to come but the lil ones wanted me to take them to see "Bye Bye Birdie" at the school.

Reel Tune
05-04-2015, 01:30 PM
It was a great turnout. Better than expected, well over 1000. We are already starting to work on 2016 with more kayaks, more sups, and more volunteers.

Jim
05-04-2015, 03:18 PM
I made it to the paddlefest and brought my son along. We had a good time and got to paddle around on a two seat kayak. He wanted to jump in and go swimming the whole time :)

I passed by your booth Jeremy and would have stopped to say hi, but you had a number of folks intently discussing the rigging of your kayak so we kept on moving.

Fun time and thanks for your hard work in making it happen.

Jim

Reel Tune
05-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks Jim you should have stopped anyway. It was a lot of hard work by a lot of people. Next year will be bigger and better with more kayaks and paddleboards to try out. It seemed as if we had someone at our tent all day, it was great.

snowman
05-05-2015, 10:07 PM
It was great to meet ya Jeremy! Thanks for taking the time out and showing me your boats!

Reel Tune
05-06-2015, 07:23 AM
It was great meeting you also, hopefully one day we'll fish together