PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Report

Halli
04-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Looked for Crappie today and was only able to get a couple trolling across from shutes area. They are suspending in groups but chasing them down with the crazy wind was hard.

H20 @ 57 most of the day and wind was from north constant at 10-12
wore me out but it was better than a great day at work..and I like my job.

One forearm sized Bass across from Drakes area. Dam was pulling hard so
once it drops to two gens the bite should be on.

Every stick I seen in the water was standing straight up and ya know what they say about that. :rolleyes:

brax0789
04-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the report Hallie. I went Saturday and it was tough for me. Caught 1 keeper trolling near Drakes Creek. I started to go yesterday but talked myself out of it when I looked at the trees moving in the wind. Do you think the majority of the crappie are off the bed on the lower end?

Brax0789

nailman_83
04-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the report Hallie. I went Saturday and it was tough for me. Caught 1 keeper trolling near Drakes Creek. I started to go yesterday but talked myself out of it when I looked at the trees moving in the wind. Do you think the majority of the crappie are off the bed on the lower end?

Brax0789

I went Friday on the lower end and the water Temp was 60 and that's the highest I've seen it. I'd say the majority have not gone on bed yet. We caught about 20 in 18-28 fow. One was 16" 2.25 lbs.

Halli
04-27-2015, 08:54 PM
As nailman said. These fish are staging but will spawn in cycles as not all will go to bed at the same time I think the spawn will last to mid May.