PDA

View Full Version : Dutch angler needs a bit of help :)

nathan
04-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi guys, my name is Nathan and im from The Netherlands. For my work(military) i go to west Memphis almost every year for training. Just like all of you im a great fan of fishing. Here in Holland mostly for northern pike, zander and bass. Last time i was in Memphis i wasn't able to catch even 1 fish. Is there anyone of you who lives in that area and wants to help me out a bit or even wants to take me with him or her. I would love to catch me a largemouth bass, but any other fish will do fine.

The most important things i would like to know are:
-Locations (i can imagine you dont want to spoil your best spot, but just a global area will be great)
-lures (which do i really need and which ones should stay home?)
-time of day (is it better to fish at night?)
-permit (where can i buy me a fishinglicense (bassproshops?), and are there licences for just one day available?)

I will only have one or two days in the weekends available for myself so i want to get the most out of it.

I hope someone can help me out a bit
Kind regards,

Nathan

Mr.Duk
04-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Horseshoe and/or Midway Lake near Hughes, AR. Watermelon lizard, spinnerbaits, white buzz bait...Fowlers Dock, all I got but you will catch bass.

nathan
04-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Thx for your quick reply, i will look for some of those baits

jad2t
04-22-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't fish anywhere near Memphis but if you tell us what time of year you'll be there, we can give you tips on what lures may work better during that time regardless of what water you're fishing.

If you want something that will guaranteed catch fish, mostly smaller fish like bluegill and Crappie, but you will be surprised at some of the larger bass that will eat it, get some Trout Magnets and Crappie Magnets. They're super easy to fish and will catch every species in fresh water.

nathan
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM
I will be there end of may, for three weeks