PDA

View Full Version : JPP crappies?

TNBronzeback
04-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Havent had the boat in the water since january and its not looking good for the immediate future so im gonna have to live vicariously through you guys! lol.
I see on here the bass on JPP are lighting up, how are the crappies coming around? Any definite spawning yet? Still cruising towards the spawning grounds or a mix of both?

jad2t
04-02-2015, 07:03 AM
I've heard and seen plenty of reports of them being shallow. I want to fish Saturday when I get back in town but it's post cold front, but it's not a major front, so I don't know how the fishing will be. I either do that or Turkey hunt, tough decision!

XxthejuicexX
04-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I got out and fished for a little over a hour the other night. I caught 7 with 5 Keepers, 4 12" or better all in 2-5' of water. There were not stacked in there yet but it's close. I think next week will be the week the push shallow. All of mine were males.

TNBronzeback
04-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys. reading some of the reports i figured it was getting close, but i had not seen anybody posting anything about significant numbers that usually is associated with the spawn. Im fearful that with this whole work and being an adult gig, im gonna miss the big spawning bonanza for the 2nd straight year. LOL...never fails.
if you guys post crappie selfies, do you mind if i photoshop my face on there to cheer me up? LOL

XxthejuicexX
04-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Water temp was 62.8 the other night. I'm going to be going after work a couple days next week I think. I still have to pre fish for the Kayak tournament the 11-12th.