PDA

View Full Version : Merv, you got me!

XxthejuicexX
03-14-2015, 08:24 PM
We talked about a bet on biggest fish.... This is all I got. When you fish 2 days and catch 3 fish and the highlight of your trip is foul hooking a carp, it's a sad weekend. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/3d312d453e10f3b31d956b9db3383747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
03-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Here ya go.

XxthejuicexX
03-28-2015, 11:25 PM
This is the best I got.

agelesssone
03-28-2015, 11:54 PM
We talked about a bet on biggest fish.... This is all I got. When you fish 2 days and catch 3 fish and the highlight of your trip is foul hooking a carp, it's a sad weekend. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/3d312d453e10f3b31d956b9db3383747.jpg

Juice, Thursday, while Salty and the guide were concentrating on catching bait (shad) with the castnet, I was tossing a crappie jig and catching a keeper crappie about every third or fourth cast. Jonathan was catching keeper (and big ones at that) crappie in the castnet.
We went back to that same small bowl shaped basin on Friday after the front passed through and couldn't buy a crappie, not even a bite. Fished that bowl for about an hour and caught none! Just a couple yellow bass and bluegills.
Went back to that same bowl this morning and didn't even get a bite from ANYTHING! Talk about a front shutting things off!
We never caught a fish of any variety Saturday morning. We fished about four hours and decided it wasn't going to be our day so we packed up and came home.

XxthejuicexX
03-29-2015, 05:31 PM
It's crazy how that works. I'm amazed that even with the guide you guys only caught one fish. I know, like you do that even a guide does not guarantee anything. I will be on chick in little over a month, hope my trip is better than yours and my G-ville trip. So you guys fished for crappie and bass?? What was the bait for?

agelesssone
03-29-2015, 09:07 PM
The guide had never fished live bait for bass before and he thought it would work pretty well so we used the castnet to net a bunch of threadies and drift fished them over his normally good spots.

Can't say why we didn't catch any fish though. I would have thought we would have caught fish too.

I was just throwing a jig to kill time while Salty and the guide worked on catching bait. There were a ton of crappie in that bowl, but the front pushed them out of the shallows. The "bowl" was only about 4' deep in the deepest place.