PDA

View Full Version : east fork crappie

tsuggs
03-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Had to work a half day on sat but managed to get the yak out from 2 to dusk.Fishn was pretty slow but fortunately the bite picked up round 4.Killer klatt was the winner of colors.They preferred a light paddle stroke over the brush,not many hits dead stickn.12 specs,8 keepers,coupla 12 inchers in pics.Looks like the rivers will get a good cleanout over the next few days.Talked to one of the local riverrats and he and his son had been out all day with 14 keepers.Oh yea,eggs have been showin up last coupla cleanins.Yep Ive sucked a pile down chasin them with a pbr,not too bad.Puts lead in ya pencil!

wormdunker
03-01-2015, 08:18 AM
8 keepers,coupla 12 inchers in pics. .Oh yea,eggs have been showin up last coupla cleanins.Yep Ive sucked a pile down chasin them with a pbr,not too bad.Puts lead in ya pencil!

That's a great payoff for a few hours of fishing, congrats. Ah, yes, breakfast of champions-caviar and PBR!

Alphahawk
03-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Good work ethic there. Since I have the Slayer Propel now going to try different methods other than casting for crappie. Got to get some rod holders for upfront though. Nice looking fish

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heiny57
03-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Nice

XxthejuicexX
03-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Man, you have been doing very well up in the river. I think it was this time last year I started noticing eggs in them too. I don't know about sucking down the eggs, PBR on the other hand, I can get on board with. If you don't mind me asking, where are you catching them? Depth, Lay downs, river channel edges???

tsuggs
03-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Slowin down,trusting my electronics,I generally catch fish near the channel breakline that has submerged brush,stumps,etc.In the winter the laydowns are usually too shallow,so there is where trusting your graph comes in,its been a game changer fer me.This winter ive been gittin hits in the 10 to 12 ft range over 13 to 18 of water.If I dont get a hit in 10 to 15 min, Im gone to the next piece.

XxthejuicexX
03-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Slowin down,trusting my electronics,I generally catch fish near the channel breakline that has submerged brush,stumps,etc.In the winter the laydowns are usually too shallow,so there is where trusting your graph comes in,its been a game changer fer me.This winter ive been gittin hits in the 10 to 12 ft range over 13 to 18 of water.If I dont get a hit in 10 to 15 min, Im gone to the next piece.

Ok. All my winter spots are to far to paddle in the yak. I was thinking about getting out for some kayak wars crappie but don't really like like paddling that far. My spots that pay off in the winter are 20-30' deep on the river channel with brush.